Monday 12 September 2022

2 Ramsgate and 2 Margate photos which are the oldest?

 

Photo 1 Ramsgate - now Harbour Parade


Photo 1 Ramsgate - now Harbour Parade

Which of these two photos do you think is the oldest. The two main clues are look carefully at the buildings and the clothes people are wearing. 

On to Margate

Photo 3 Margate Marine Terrace

Photo 4 Margate Marine Terrace

Which of these Margate photos do you think is the oldest?

My plan with this post is to link it to the main local Facebook groups and respond to comments on Facebook. My main reason for doing it in this rather clunky way instead of just posting the pictures directly to Facebook is became of the way Facebook handles pictures. The problem is that on Facebook the images don't expand well if click away at them and I can't put up 4 pictures one above the other with text under them.  

I have braved up to doing another quiz post as people seem to like them, from my end they can be a bit time consuming, so we will see how it goes. 

This link takes you to pictures of the books we put out in the bookshop today


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.