Wednesday 21 September 2022

Some old Ramsgate and Margate photos and a ramble from the bookshop

 







Back at work in Michael's Bookshop in Ramsgate today, we were closed for three days because of the bank holiday and being closed on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays. We went to some of the charity bookshops during the break, mainly to stock up on books we have been asked for but haven't had on the shelves.  We do buy a lot of our stock from walk in customers, but it makes a pleasant change to be on the other side of the counter. 

I have been working through the military history section in the bookshop today, checking the books for condition and to make sure our prices are competitive.  On the whole I haven't seen any sign of price inflation with secondhand books, either online or in the dedicated charity bookshops.  The most notable thing all the way through this is that Amazon is much more difficult to use for secondhand books than it was a few years ago.

Link to the books we put out today

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.