Wednesday 22 May 2024

Click to expand, Broadstairs, Ramsgate, Margate pictures and ramble from Michael's bookshop in Ramsgate.

 



Starting with this Broadstairs card and going by the clothes I am guessing around 1960. With a bit of clicking you can expand it and see what I mean.

I am pretty sure this Ramsgate one is before 1900 as the Granville tower looks to be taller (the height was reduced in 1900)
This one after 1901 as as it shows a tram (tramway opened in 1901)
Tis one after 1911 from the postmark

This one after 1904 as the pavilion has been built.


These two Margate Cliftonville cards, mid 1900s?

On to the ramble. If you have been following me for the last few days then you can see I have started tentatively blogging again. I don't want to say too much about that in case I don't keep it up, the stats say quite a few people are looking at the posts, but of course these days there is very little feedback.

I have been linking the posts to what seem like appropriate Facebook groups and I hope everyone is happy about this, group admins please let me know if you are not.

On to the ramble. I have just finished Stephen King's "Dark Tower" series, which is very good. I wanted to follow this up with something completely different so I have just begun a re read of David Lodge's "Deaf Sentence" I wanted something funny and this fills the bill. It is fairly difficult to find reasonably modern humour that actually makes me laugh and this is doing trick.

Bookshop wise we are reasonably busy today so sorry if this is a bit fragmented. Here is the link to the most recent books we have had in and put out for sale. 

We went book buying in Canterbury yesterday, I spent a long time in Waterstones looking at "Escher the Complete Graphic Works"  £25, so have just bought it on Ebay for less than half the price, which says something about shopping in this modern world. Fortunately here at Michael's Bookshop in Ramsgate our prices are mostly less than the books are online.




1 comment:

  1. Even with the bad weather, Fred still had a good time!

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.