Thursday 14 January 2016

Rose Wylie at Turner Contemporary Margate Photos a review or something.

 Love or hate Rose Wylie this is an exhibition worth going to the gallery to see. Why? Ah the why is a matter of scale for me, it just isn’t an exhibition where looking at the images of the originals on the screen or in a book ticks the boxes.
 As anyone who reads my scribblings on contemporary art will know I am a slow thinker, so it will be some time and several visits to the exhibition before you will get anything much on the do I. What? “Like it” wrong phrase does it move me? Well in the immortal words of Terry Pratchett whose omniscope is being. What? Unparodied upstairs among the Moving Pictures of Risk, my wosisname revolved.
 Due to the lack of time the weather and stuff I didn’t get a chance to run my usual test after looking at someone else’s art, which is to go to the gallery café, get out my paints and see what happens.
 Some of the images are still rattling around in my head so I guess something will happen sooner or later.





While on the subject of contemporary art take a look at the bookshop post http://michaelsbookshop.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/abstract-art-becomes-more-abstract-in.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.