Saturday 6 February 2010

Thoughts on failures and some pictures of Northdown Park and a bit of a ramble

With the local history books I publish my main priority is to get the material in them on to paper, so there are enough copies about to make certain that it is permanently preserved.

However I have to say that I was surprised that the book I published last week “John Heywoods Illustrated Guide To Margate” hasn’t sold a single copy.

Click on the link if you want to buy it http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/catalogue/john_heywoods_illustrated_guide_to_margate.htm I have put the map of Margate from it on another of my failures http://thanetblogs.blogspot.com/

That website which keeps track on the main local blog posts and comments and is something that I use every day only gets about 50 unique visitors a month compared with the 2,500 or so who read this blog.

One area where this blog Thanetonline that is, differs from most of other local blogs is that there is a fair amount of comment on older posts, because of the historical comment, having said that though other local blogs do attract comment on old postings. So what defeats me is apart from looking on http://thanetblogs.blogspot.com/ how would anyone ever find these comments and therefore what is the point of them?

Here is the link to the pictures http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/blogpicts1210/id4.htm the shop is too busy today to get on with much so I will probably ramble on a bit more as the day progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.