Tuesday 22 June 2010

Ramsgate doesn’t even seem to qualify for a lifeguard anymore and few pictures of Ramsgate and Broadstairs Sunday, yesterday and today.

The first page http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/610/id28.htm shows Broadstairs on Sunday evening.

Followed by yesterday morning in Ramsgate, a couple of points of note, the butchers in Rooks have just got new uniforms with finer striped aprons, something that may be useful when dating pictures at some time in the future.

The other is that although it is flaming June and people are swimming in the sea there doesn’t seem to be any sign of lifeguards on Ramsgate Main Sands, this is something I will check out with the council. I don’t know if this is some sort of temporary staffing glitch or another case of Ramsgate losing out, the latter could effect our blue flag status so is important.

The plant growth in the cracks that have formed in the Pleasurama cliff façade cracks that we recently paid £1m to have filled and coated is now very much in flower, more about that in a later post.

The next page http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/610/id29.htm carries on from where the previous one left off then yesterday evening in Broadstairs, more Dickens costumes here that I have also published with the rest, they look better there as I have enhanced the picture files, see http://thanetonline.blogspot.com/2010/06/pictures-of-broadstairs-dickens.html

The shepherds smock is an original Victorian one!

Much action from Broadstairs Sea Scouts, my children looked upon these mariners with considerable envy.

The girl singing and playing guitar was pretty good too, but unfortunately I didn’t have my video camera with me.

Next a few pictures from this morning, the area around the entrance to King George VI park where the cliff has recently been repaired, this may also be useful as it illustrates the area described in ECRs post http://eastcliffrichard.blogspot.com/2010/06/ramsgate-gets-cruise-thumbs-up.html

It was at this point that I became the victim of an aerial bombardment from a passing seagull and had to come home for a change of clothes.

Finally work on the old chapel in Turner Street the road behind the bookshop, it is very good to see this happening after the years of dereliction there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.