Monday 17 August 2015

A bit of watercolour painting around Ramsgate and Canterbury, Ship Shape Cafe in Ramsgate and some thoughts on Windows 10 perhaps.

Painting from life in watercolour is a very tenuous thing, the White Rabbit Jefferson Airplane lyrics: "When logic and proportion. Have fallen sloppy dead. And the White Knight is talking backwards…" come to mind.

Anyway going backwards - mostly, I have just arrived to work on the till desk in my bookshop and discovered MS Windows 10 has appeared on the computer there, it seems to be OK, I will mention it if anything unusual happens.

Having woken up late and rather stunned for some unaccountable reason I didn’t get out to paint this morning until about 8 and rather fancied a go at the Military Road Arches.
I guess this is a preliminary watercolour sketch, which may go further.
 Tea and toast at Ship-Shape Café £1.50.
Looking at the photo I may start again.



I did a bit more to the Canterbury sketch from La Trappiste, during what was a busy weekend.

 a bit more of the cathedral one, not sure if I have made it better or worse
 a bit of a strange one from The Old Buttermarket
logic and proportion, not quite right here.

No problems with MS Windows 10 writing this blog post, very like Windows 7 so far, we did try it on an old laptop without much memory or processing power and had to revert to 7 as the laptop couldn’t cope. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.