Tuesday 2 February 2016

Friends Reunited and the old Alma Mater

I imagine that most people will be aware that the Friends Reunited website http://www.friendsreunited.co.uk/ is due to close very soon, so this is a timely reminder to go to the site, log on, which you can do with your Facebook account, and copy any information and pictures that you may want to keep from there.


The email, if you got one, from Friends Reunited says “We do recognise that people have a lot of old photos within their profiles on the site. We will therefore provide a link to allow you to login and download your photos.” But it looks like this won’t apply to photos of your old schools that other people have uploaded to the site.


Obviously old schools have Facebook groups and a lot of the information on Friends Reunited will have been copied across to those Facebook groups, however I found that with my old schools there was quite a bit that hadn’t, including my old school song – so politically incorrect as not to appear anywhere else on the internet.   


The pictures in this post are of my old school http://www.treloar.org.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.