Thursday 25 June 2020

Mystery Photos, Yesterday's answers

q1 where in Thanet?

 q2 which Thanet car park?

 q3 two temporary homes for The Ramsgate Society, do you know where they were located?

Yesterday's answers

 Ramsgate model village The Regency in the background

Ramsgate model village Van Gogh in the background then, Churchill Tavern now.

This was when they were putting in the surface drainage pipe for the Pleasurama development about 10 years ago.  They saw what looked like a handy sluice in the side of the harbour and decided to try and get it open. It is one of the old sewage outfall pipe sluices which used to be used to flush the sewage to where Port Ramsgate is now. When they got it open the sewage came out into the harbour and eventually they got it closed again.

pretty much the same walk as yesterday evening, a bit too hot during the day and the harbour arm is close enough, still in the sun and cool enough.

Link to the photos 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.