Thursday 24 December 2020

Click on the link for. A note from Boris Johnson, Thanet virus figures stabilise some old local pictures

 I will add text and pictures to this during the evening.

I have stopped publishing the local coronavirus figures as they have been pretty much stable for the last few days.

I didn't vote Conservative or Labour last election, I voted Green, but it does occur to me that if Boris was deposed we would only get a hard line Conservative government. I am certainly pleased with this result. I voted to stay in the EU but once democracy has decided I back it, I like living in our our democracy.


I just bought www.slowhump.com for myself for Christmas. Has anyone else bought themselves a Christmas present and want to fess up? I suppose with this one if I can master using a mixture of basic website, blogger and Facebook all my reader will benefit  


Local Facebook groups and posting the virus figures has been a bit of an eye opener for me. There seems to be a whole group of people who are quite happy to publish misinformation, even if doing so could actually kill real people.










this next lot are the Canterbury flood of 1909, not Thanet but what the heck it's Christmas




Next some Thanet bathers in Edwardian times, do you recognise your grandparents or great grandparents?







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.