Saturday 15 October 2022

Click to expand old Thanet photos and some thoughts about phones

 

Some Margate circus parade photos 

Appropriately here on Elephant Hill 


Next some Ramsgate photos




My trusty old Moto G Plus that has provided a lot of the photos on this blog over the last few years just can't hold its charge all day anymore. Yesterday in the bookshop where I use my phone for work, it crashed a few times, meaning customers had to wait - so off I went to the secondhand phone shop. I did a fair amount of online research and asked a few people I know which phone would have the best camera. I settled for a secondhand Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G. 

I don't use my phone for gaming but just use it for taking photos, looking up books and all of the business and social media stuff I have to do working as a shop assistant here at Michael's Bookshop in Ramsgate.

Around 10 years ago I had a high end Samsung phone and I hope to be able to improve the local photos here by going down that road again.

I have just tried it on copying one using the phone.

I had to go out and get my flu jab so took these photos on the way, they should all expand with a bit of clicking alternatively if you are thinking of buying one of these phones, and it has to be the Ultra to get the camera here is the link where you download the full size image files 




































































So I am reasonably pleased with the phone and you blog readers should get some reasonable photos when I go out without a camera.

Workwise here at Michael's Bookshop in Ramsgate here is the link to photos of the books we put out for sale today, as you can se a lot of Thanet local history and Thanet authors.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.