Wednesday 19 October 2022

The Town of Deal in books and pictures and of course some Thanet pictures

 Starting with a picture of a mine on Deal Beach in 1943 all the pictures should expand wiht a bit of clicking


Then Deal Pier in 1863

Deal boatmen




We Went to Deal yesterday mainly to visit the Oxfam Bookshop there, I bought some books including one about Ramsgate.

This works both way as quite a few of our customers, here at Michael's Bookshop in Ramsgate, come from Deal.  
We do stock books about Deal History as well as book about Isle of Thanet History, it is important to understand that our maritime history is linked to Deal's maritime history. 

Excellent lunch in King's Coffee Shop almost next to Oxfam Bookshop at the end of the High Street
Not many pictures of Deal as busy with books.







next some old Ramsgate pictures 




next some Margate pictures


Queen of Kent


These are the frozen sea in 1963


Back at work today here at Michael's Bookshop Link to the books we put out today


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.