Wednesday 5 October 2022

Shops in the High Street in Thanet

 Back in the day I don't think there was that much to choose between Ramsgate and Margate High Street.

Sad to say the same is true now for different reasons.
C
Margate and Ramsgate have fared particularly badly because of the building of Westwood Cross
Of course all towns have suffered badly because of internet shopping 
Anyway yesterday I went to Margate and walked up the High Street between 3 and 4 pm 
I am wondering whether between 3 and 4 pm on a Tuesday October was a particularly bad time, I took a few photos, here they are. They will all expand with a bit of clicking. 

 

Hardly anything was open and with lots of shops permanently closed and lots of shutters down it seemed a bit ghost town.  











































This is a link to some I took three years ago 28/09/2019

Here at Michael's Bookshop where I work in Ramsgate I have finally finished looking up every book in the military book section, about 1,500 books, and making sure that ours are cheaper than the same books on the internet. I am considering my future life as a pacifist and still have to do all the military maritime and aviation books in the transport book section, which comes next.

Here is the link to pictures of the books we priced and put out today 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.