Monday 5 August 2024

Click to enlarge pictures of, Ramsgate Sands Station, Margate and Broadstairs plus ramble

 

Ramsgate Sands/harbour Station turntable end



unknown civic occasion, I think it's on Margate Jetty


Lifeboat Margate


unknown Thanet outing probably 1920s as the charabanc has solid tyres   

 

This one is from the Mick Twyman collection and labelled Ramsgate Lifeboat however having blown up and enhanced the writing on the side I can't come up with anything, can you?



A fairly busy day where I work at Michaels Bookshop in Ramsgate I am working away on the Tom Stokes photos trying to enhance them enough to print in book form, I am also having to remove the captions that are on top of them using AI so I can adjust the captions. All of this is very much up hill computing and I was quite glad of the break to write this blog post. 

Here is the link to the books that have just gone out for sale



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.