Monday 19 August 2024

Click to expand the pictures of old Ramsgate, Margate and Broadstairs

 

You can see the colonnade on the left that was destroyed in the 1897 storm, also no sand at high tide back then

 


Cinema on the left that later became Nero's night club


After 1903 as The Pavilion has been built. 
Colonnade on the left again so before 1897

Next Margate ones from the Mick Twyman collection  

This one just says 'Dunyegan' but presumably aground at Margate

 Inspecting The Jetty Damage

Dunvegan Ashore

'Centricity' Beached

Tudor House

Launch of the Margate Lifeboat

Broadstairs which doesn't change much apart from the horse and cart.

Monday morning here at Michaels Bookshop in Ramsgate and it's very quiet, meaning a bit of blogging. Went to Canterbury yesterday and bought some books for Michaels Bookshop from the various charity bookshops. This was mostly focused on a large collection of Tibetan Buddhist books, I bough pretty much all of it. 

Today turned into a busy afternoon type of day, but plenty of newly arrived secondhand books put out this morning here is the link to the pictures of them 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.