Friday 16 August 2024

Click to expand. Some old Ramsgate Harbour characters, some Margate Photos and a Broadstairs aerial photo

 

Starting with the workers in Ramsgate Harbour, which I think all of these ones from the Tom Stokes collection are, I think this is the Ramsgate Steam Trawler Resplendent 

Fishing No. BF19.
1920 registered at Ramsgate. R192
1920 Invicta Steam Trawling & Fishing Co. Ltd., Ramsgate
1925 Ramsgate Steam Trawling Co. Ltd., Ramsgate
1926 Kent Trawling Ltd., Ramsgate
1927 Ramsgate Steam Trawling Co. Ltd., Ramsgate
1945 Drifter/Trawler Co. Ltd., Milford Haven
1948 Drifter Trawling Ltd., Ramsgate

Follow this link for the details 

As you can see 7 names in the text but 9 people in the photo


Could this be the dredger "Ramsgate" I am afraid that I am terrible with names and faces, I worked in the harbour in the late 1960s and early 1970s 
.
The Lifeboat The Charles and Susanna Stephens, was launched 25th May 1905 So I guess possible to find the names of the crew
Here we go again 3 names and 5 people

Margate lifeboat house


Margate lifeboat launch 

Margate Jetty
Margate Harbour

This one says Ashore at Margate on it but it isn't clear if this was by accident or design 

This Broadstairs one is well worth a bit of clicking to expand it 

Here at Michaels Bookshop in Ramsgate I am still working on one of the folders of Tom Stokes's photos to turn them into printed book form. It's a bit of an up hill struggle like most local history publication.

Sorry about not posting so far this week I have been busy.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.