Saturday 31 August 2024

Click to enlarge, Ramsgate 1926, Margate and Broadstairs 1949 pictures.

 The first three photos are of when Prince Edward came to Ramsgate to open the Pulhamite rock garden at The Westcliff 




I think this one Must be on Ramsgate Harbour wall the steps being on the side of the clock house


These next ones are from the Mick Twyman collection and I am assuming that this is Dreamland Zoo



This one says Jetty Damage


Zion Place


The opening of the post office


Dreamland advertising


These two are pages from the 1949 Broadstairs guide that we publish


Workwise here at Michaels Bookshop in Ramsgate here is the link to pictures of the books we have just priced and put in the shop window  


The last day of summer today, apparently, anyway I am hoping for an Indian summer. The schools go back on Monday which usually heralds a quiet week in the bookshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.