Monday 31 July 2017

Some old Ramsgate photos


Once again not sure which of these ones I have put on the internet before, note the basket on wheeled crane used for the results of sailing boat steering errors that caused the boat to smash in the harbour wall and sink. The basket was used to fish the survivors out of the water from on top of the harbour wall.



for some reason I don't understand blogger has stretched some of the pictures like the one above, they look normal when you click on them to expand them.



Very busy in the bookshop at the moment so not much on the blogging front from me, you can see the books that have gone out recently by clicking on this link and you can now look at pictures of most of the books on the shelves by clicking on this link and following the links you come to.

Something I find very strange is that this business of showing up to date photos of what's happening in a bookshop is breaking new ground, one of the main reasons I have done it is so that I can look at the pictures of the books when I am out and about so I buy the ones I haven't got rather than the ones I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.