Thursday 18 December 2008

Court in Act

Thanet district Council press release

Nine adults have been served with summons to appear in court on Monday 22 December by Thanet District Council for severe incidents of anti-social behavior.

Over the past five months the nine ringleaders of a gang have been investigated by Thanet Community Safety Partnership for numerous acts of anti-social behaviour in Newington and evidence has been gathered from CCTV footage and statements from professional witnesses such as police, PCSO’s and council community wardens.

Thanet District Council is leading the enforcement action on behalf of the partnership and is supported by Kent Police.

Mark Richardson, Community Safety Manager said: "This is one of the biggest enforcement cases being undertaken by Thanet District Council in partnership with Kent Police to stamp out quite a severe case of anti-social behaviour by a gang in Newington.

“We are actively pursuing anti-social behaviour orders for all ring leaders of this gang to ensure that the behaviour that we have evidenced stops. Anti-social behaviour will not be tolerated and the council will continue with this legal action on behalf of overwhelming support from the community to put an end to any anti-social behaviour and gang culture in Newington."

Chief Inspector Rob Vinson, Kent Police said: "We are working in partnership with Thanet District Council to take this course of action for what we can see is quite clearly a serious case of intimidation and anti-social behaviour by a minority in newington. We are taking this action for the wider community and will aim to work with them to get rid of this behaviour from the neighbourhood"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.