Friday 7 December 2012

The Royal Harbour Brasserie, on the end of Ramsgate’s East Pier is open from 7am until late.

This is the one that was the Eagle Café and I popped in to the opening this evening, apologies for the photos, there wasn’t really enough light, I will try to get there over the weekend during the day as this is the hostelry with the best view in Thanet, one of the best in Kent.  

For once a very good news story, a council owned and long term empty property back in use.



Pleasant evening, good pianist a bit of a dream if you paint or draw, cos of the view.

The proprietor is Adrian Mowl so the food will be good. 

5 comments:

  1. Good to see it's back in use Michael. I now have a good excuse to visit Ramsgate again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weather was not kind for the opening evening. Good luck to this much needed revival of a Ramsgate landmark.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a choice in Ramsgate. The Belgian, age, Eddie g's, gerry's, Bon appetit and now the royal harbour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you forgot Corbys Tea room in York street Ramsgate

      Delete
  4. And Caboose on Queen Street!

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.