Tuesday 14 January 2014

Ed Miliband pencil sketch

Drawing Ed Miliband is fairly easy, however this first attempt done during lunch time today only seems to be Ed Milibandish, once again I have kept to a grade B pencil. I have avoided rubbing out and smudging it with my finger, the drawing being done with the tip of the lead and the shading with side of the lead.

What I am working towards here is being able to quickly paint the main political figures in watercolour with out any sketching in first, probably somewhere between a caricature and a portrait along the lines of the one I did of Cameron the other day.

By way of explanation here his left ear is righter than his right ear, his left eye is righter than his right eye, or is it type of thing.     
Another Ed Miliband pencil sketch, this time my tea break, a few more of these and I will have a go at painting him. 

1 comment:

  1. I do not consider myself competent to comment on your portrait work bearing in mind that I'm satisfied just so long as I can draw breath. Though I am quite good at drawing conclusions albeit they are not necessarily accurate.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.