We went to Margate today and I thought I would try the new fad of using a retro camera. So this is my oldest bridge camera a Panasonic DMC– FZ 30 this dates from 2005, so 21 years old which I think is probably pretty ancient for a digital camera. What I'm hoping is that I get some sort of retro look to the photos. The only thing I had real issues with was the viewfinder which started off a bit dark and it's part of the reason that a lot of the pictures are not straight. As we were going for a walk, most of them were very much snapshots.
The good thing about the camera is it has a very large aperture. The other feature which I have never had or seen on any other digital camera is that you can set it so you have four analog knobs with which you can control, aperture, shutter speed, focus and zoom. Effectively this means that you have the same sort of control as you would have had on the film camera back in the day. I used to use a thing called a Nikon F back in the day. One thing I didn't account for is that the camera is much slower than the camera in my phone to focus so some of the shots maybe a bit blurry.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.