The first picture is the aerial view of Ramsgate date wise it's before the cliff collapse in front of the Grange that happened on the 7th of march 1947 and after the building of Westcliff Hall the second picture, in about 1914. Can you do better?
The black and white one of Ramsgate sands opposite Augusta stairs, looks to be 1940s or 50s from the clothes.
The third picture, the coloured one looks to be 1970s or possibly 80s.
Sorry for any grammatical errors and spelling errors, Michael's Bookshop where I work in Ramsgate it's very busy today, so basically I have just read the post into Google keyboard which tends to be a bit American.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.