Thursday 12 August 2010

The Gardens at Quex Park

On to the gardens, I really did need to walk off my excellent lunch and these are my favourite gardens, the first lot of pictures are at http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/laptop810b/id5.htm I will try to something about them.

One of my ancestors was a gardener, unfortunately one of my parents generation, all of whom are now dead leaving me in the rather exposed position as the eldest survivor. I now wish I had listened more to what he had to say when he was alive.

Apart from the first few pictures taken waling across the lawn, the rest here are in the walled garden.

Having looked at the pictures there really isn’t a lot I can think of to say.

Here is next page http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/laptop810b/id6.htm and where as I could have had a go at describing my lunch and why I liked it, even the art there and why I like that, this garden and why I like it is is definitely beyond me. It needs Wordsworth – not the Graham Greene character, the poet – no actually I am not that keen on him perhaps Blake, I really am out of my depth here.

Here is the next page of pictures http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/laptop810b/id7.htm still of the garden, ah yes there were some very big leaves, I tried to give some idea of the size by putting my hand in the picture. Idiot that I am I then realised that no one would know what size my hand is so I used a pound coin.

This next page is back in the main garden http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/laptop810b/id8.htm sorry two pictures are in their sides, it’s the first time that I have seen them too.

I have done some blog posts and put up some pictures, linked to the posts, of Quex before so if you want more of this sort of thing here is the link http://thanetonline.blogspot.com/search/label/Quex%20Park

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.