Sunday 17 February 2008

Vanishing blogs

The shenanigans of the Thanet blogs over the last few days brings to mind a joke I first heard from Nicholas Mosley son of the well known fascist I will try and re-tell it here from memory.

It seems that the pope and cardinal Virtuous were playing golf and the pope missed, and said. “S..t missed.”

Well cardinal Virtuous said to the pope. “Your holiness, you really shouldn’t say that.”
Well the same thing happened at the next few holes and cardinal Virtuous’s virtuosity and better golf were really putting the pope off his stroke.

Eventually after a particularly heartfelt, “s..t missed,” from the pope, cardinal Virtuous’s comments were particularly irritating.
Suddenly the heavens opened and there was a huge flash of lightening, cardinal Virtuous vanished leaving the customary smoking boots, then a huge voice from above boomed “S..T MISSED.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.