Saturday 16 February 2008

Beanbag toss

Passing the computer in the living room just now my two six year olds intent with the mouse, I heard an American accent coming out of the speakers saying, “you’re a great tosser”, I rushed to the scene thinking the filtering software had gone wrong only to find them on an American children’s site playing Beanbag Toss.

American is truly another language, when an American says, “I’m mad about my flat,” it means they are angry about their puncture, for any Americans in the UK it would mean, "I like my apartment."

Click on the link below and go onto the third page of games to play beanbag toss.
http://www.agkidzone.com/games.action

3 comments:

  1. I can highly recommend the site:
    www.clubpenguin.com
    for young - school age - children, 5+
    It has good music, but no voices - thankfully no US accents!
    Unfortunately, this does mean reading - which my son is not keen on.
    "Mum! Can you read this!"

    His maths has improved greatly over the 6 month he has been playing on the site which I am sure is because of a motivation to understand.
    Through the games he earn 'coins' which he can spend on virtual clothes, etc...
    He is motivated to know how many coins he needs and how much he will have left after he has spent some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear mrs tp, stereo 6 yr old not that easy. Went on site recommended. When you have 2 6 yr olds, you are always 3 people so all 3 tried to join & log on but it seems oversubscribed. Anyway I’ve sent them to bed. Worse parents would have taught them the yogi bear song, If you wave your arms about or something next time you come in the shop possibly find your children a nice little book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In America, always think before you respond to "If you do that again, I'm going to get pissed with you"

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.