Saturday 2 February 2008

Goody goes bananas


This is just an update on yesterdays post with some photos of how it looks now, apparently cracks appeared mysteriously overnight in two of the turrets, this was after the high winds had subsided.

I gather from my enquiries that TDC officers were on site to supervise before the demolition started, so what went wrong one can only guess, I think Goody demolition may have got a bit over excited, I will have to have a word with them.
One of my children who took some interest in this demolition, having been told the building was listed and therefore protected and that the men from the council were there to protect it, rather poignantly said “am I protected daddy” but the big question that I couldn’t answer was. “Why is it eating the castle daddy”?

4 comments:

  1. I would say that it is a demolition site,I wonder if the council will make the developers put it back the way it was.
    Not holding breath on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if we will get one of our regualr and very convenient fires followed by flats?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matt if you think of Ramsgate as a leisure tourist town, last week we lost the main sands car park demolished one of the few remaining listed buildings behind the main sands apart from demolishing the Royal Victoria Pavilion I fail to see what further efforts could be made to bankrupt the businesses in the town.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is outrageous!!.
    I am also at a loss for words. How can we lose a building of this grandeur and nothing gets done about it.
    Pull your fingers out Thanet Council and make this developer, no that should be demolisher, pay a huge amount in compensation for the loss of this historical building.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.