Monday 3 November 2008

Art books on the shelf and photographic problems

This is a bit of a Monday morning meander between customers so excuse me being off the plot a bit. I was going to put up pictures of fiction on the shelf but where the fiction is in the bookshop it’s too narrow to get far enough away from the books to photograph them as you can see.

Well here are the art books on the shelves in the shop, the usual mix of secondhand, reps samples, other people’s bankruptcies in fact anything I can find to have a reasonable art stock at prices that are a lot cheaper than anywhere else.

The architecture books are lurking in with the art books at the moment, architecture is a section that moves around to where there is space for it.

The shop is fairly busy at the moment, lots of Christmas shopping especially in the local history section, I was amazed on Saturday the number of people who made it through the torrential rain to buy their books. I had rather expected most people shopping to be at Westwood Cross where one can get from shop to shop pretty much under cover. I mentioned this to a friend of mine who is young single and employed and therefore has plenty of disposable income, he said. “Having spent a long time in the inevitable traffic jam last week, I had to wait for 20 mins for a parking space, I’m doing the rest of my Christmas shopping in the town or online.”

Back to the photography as you can see lots of bits in my camera again which is a pain, I will have to get one of the youth of today, with better eyesight than mine to clean it out again. Does this only happen to me I wonder I try to be careful when changing lenses is there any technique that could help to reduce the problem?

2 comments:

  1. get far enough away...try a wide angle lense
    bits in the camera...don't change the lense

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous 19.03 is not very helpful; he suggests a wide-angle lens & then suggests you don't change the lens, which anyway is the point of having a DSLR.

    There are various cleaning kits on the market which, I imagine, you can get at Austin Russell's, but I don't know how you're managing to get those streaky marks on the sensor; I get the occasional flecks of dust, but nothing like that - maybe your bookshop environment has something to do with it?

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.