Thursday 6 November 2008

A NEW COMEDY FILM NEEDS YOU

INDEPENDENT MEDIA SOCIETY
11 GROSVENOR ROAD, BROADSTAIRS, KENT CT10 2BT TEL 01843 604253

PRESS RELEASE

SEPTEMBER 2008

A NEW COMEDY FILM NEEDS YOU

The hunt is on for enthusiastic extras to play soldiers in a new comedy war film being shot in Thanet.

The film, called “The Singing Cowboy”, tells the story of a man who joins the army, with the hope of boosting his singing career but finds himself in big trouble when he ends up a war zone.

One of the key scenes in the film will be shot in Margate and producer Norman Thomas is looking for likely people to be soldiers in the scene.

“Mainly we’re looking for young men, anyone aged between 16 and 40,” Mr Thomas said, “But there will be some spots for women, too”

Mr Thomas said that people taking part needn’t worry about being under fire.

“They’ll be playing soldiers in a war,” he said, “but weirdly enough they’ll spend most of their time listening to people singing songs!”

And anyone who gets in touch with the film-maker may get the opportunity to be in other films in the future.

Mr Thomas said: “We’re already planning a series of new productions in particular one revolving around conflict in an office, and we’ll be keeping an eye open for anyone who might be able to take a role in them, too.”

pictures from the film being shot on location in Thanet, with local actors Steven Todd and Lisa Payne in action.

Anyone interested in taking part should ring Norman Thomas on 01843 604 253.
or email inmeds@yahoo.co.uk

1 comment:

  1. More films being made in Margate? Good good.

    I did some work as an extra for The Margate Exodus a couple of years ago, great fun.

    G.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.