Thursday, 25 October 2012

Day off Ramble, the new exhibition at The Turner Contemporary and me trying to improve this blog.

 Margate today and first the Platform Program in The Clore Learning Studio (the large room at the top of the stairs with the huge window overlooking the sea)
 The bumph about this new exhibition is on the gallery’s website at http://www.turnercontemporary.org/exhibitions/platform-graduate-showcase-2012
 The idea here is to showcase the work of art students sudying in East Kent
 I am struggling a bit I have to admit to get a lot more in the way of images and video into my blog posts.
 the idea being to give a bit more for the people who read this blog a lot.
 I am using an art gallery posting as these seem to generate the least interest on the blog
 fewest comments and the lowest number of visits.
 fortunately photography is allowed int this exhibition and i used the camera in my mobile phone.
I also added this very short video panning around the exhibition.

 these small low definition videos made whit a mobile phone are very quich to upload and i think ideal for blogging.


 Personally I am not yet sure what to make of this exhibition, as I have said before I am a slow thinker when it comes to art, or something that could be art.
 so I am reserving any aesthetic opinion here, probably until I get a chance to go back to Margate and look at it again.
 I did have another look at the Alex Katz exhibition but unfortunately photography isn't allowed in the exhibition.
anyway a bit of an experimental theme to today's post.














No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note comments that may be libellous, comments that may be construed as offensive, anonymous derogatory comments about real people, comments baiting internet trolls, comments saying that an anonymous comment was made by a named real person, boring comments and spam comments, comments in CAPs will be deleted. Playground stuff like calling real people by their time stamp or surname alone, referring to groups as gangs, old duffers and so on will result in deletion. Comment that may be construed as offensive to minority groups is not allowed here either, so think before you write it, remember that the internet is a public place, that it is very difficult to be truly anonymous and that everyone who uses it leaves a trail of some sort. Also note the facility to leave anonymous comment will be turned of during periods when I am unable to monitor comment, this will not affect people commenting who are signed on to their blogger accounts. When things are particularly difficult on the commercial spam front I may turn comment moderation on for periods.

If you feel that someone has left a comment that is offensive and directed at you personally please email me (link on the sidebar) asking to have it removed, you will need to tell which post and the date and timestamp of the offending comment. Please do not reply to the offending comment as I will assume you continuing the dialogue as meaning that you want the comments left there.