Wednesday 28 May 2014

Does Piet Mondrian look like Homer Simpson and the artist’s battle for a quick likeness

A bit of a diversion on the blogging front today, I personally have had enough of the airport and the politicicos running rings a bunch of newly discovered civil disobedients. The last move being a petition to get compulsory purchase discussed at a council meeting, something I assume would have happened anyway. I am vaguely wondering if I will need to open a branch of my bookshop in Gloagsville. Perhaps the discussion will go something like: "We would like to buy an airport" "How much" "Oh"

With the drizzle I have reverted to sketching from photos and in this case trying to get a very quick likeness of people with pen.

There isn’t really any sure method with this one, you start copying photos of people and after a while you can tell they are people, this progresses to being able to identify, gender, age and so on while getting to being able to identify who the picture is actually of seems miles down the line.

Anyway here are a few attempts for general amusement.



After a fairly long day's work it's back to the painting board 
With Piet Mondrian the colour is important too, the forehead, not only is the blue too thick but actually makes it look smaller

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.