Saturday 17 May 2014

New Dreamland book Dreamland Revived by Nick Evans and some thought about other Dreamland and Margate books.

I have just received stock of Dreamland Revived it sells for £15.99 some of the contents are the same as Nick’s previous Dreamland books, but there is a lot of new content and new photographs that I haven’t seen before.


I worked as an engineer on Dreamland and the other amusements in Margate that were owned by the then owners, Associated Leisure in the early 1970s so this book has special interest for me.


The first edition of Nick’s first Dreamland book Dreamland Remembered commands a surprisingly high price around £60, we have this in stock, this shouldn’t be confused with the second impression or the revised edition which looks very similar and isn’t so expensive. Very  much a case of buy it for £60 and in 5 years time it will probably be worth around £100 put £60 in the building society and in 5 years time….


I do publish reprints of a couple of pamphlets that relate to Dreamland and loads of other Margate stuff which can be bought off our website http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/catalogue/ or by coming into my bookshop (closed Sundays and Thursdays)


We also have an ever changing stock of out of print Margate books.



Not much point in giving you the prices as they are ever changing too because of how fickle the internet is.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.