Thursday 9 February 2017

1962 Ramsgate Guide and The East Kent Supercouncil

 I’m still working through a collection of local books, some for me and some for my bookshop and I thought I would photograph this 1962 guide and put online.

Not a carnival guide this one, but fairly typical of the mixture of advertising and local information at the time.

You can see from the bookshop blog post at http://michaelsbookshop.blogspot.co.uk/2017/02/underground-in-bookshop.html that some of it went out yesterday.

I have been out bookbuying today Whitstable and Herne Bay, both run by Canterbury Council and coming back to Ramsgate which is run by TDC based in Margate provides a strong argument for change.

Perhaps we could drop both ideas and ask to have Ramsgate run by Canterbury instead of Margate. What with Pleasurama, the council discussing selling off the old motor museum – presumably for housing and the cancellation of the motorcycle sprint revival, it does seem our council have got it in for any leisure in Ramsgate.    





















No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.