Saturday 12 November 2022

Some old Thanet Photos

 

I think this is probably 1960s

1938

1946

Stanmore House guests in 1910



Hudsons mill Ramsgate now converted into housing

This says high Street Ramsgate on it I'm assuming it is second world war damage but I don't know


Harbour Street Ramsgate probably 1920s or 30s

This is the harbour commissioners meeting rooms and on the right of it the harbour masters house in Ramsgate. These were demolished I think in the 1890s and used to stand on what is now harbour parade car park.

Where I work here at Michael's bookshop in Ramsgate it's been a busy Saturday. For those blog readers who are also book readers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.