Monday 14 November 2022

Click to Enlarge Old Thanet Photos

 

HMS harrier entering Ramsgate harbour

This is a fairly early aerial photograph of Ramsgate obviously before world war II as there are no slipways for maintaining the HMS fervent craft

Ramsgate harbour frozen due to the extremely cold winter of 1963

I think this is the interior of st Paul's church Ramsgate that was in king Street but was demolished I think in the 1950s

This one of the fort is before 1911 postmark

Montrose college was in lower northdown road cliftonville

Nayland



I think this one of the passengers with their motorboat is is Margate dated 1911

Here at work in Michael's bookshop Ramsgate we are having a much quieter today than Friday and Saturday, and I'm getting caught up with some of the work that has built up.

My main task recently has been reducing the prices of the books in the military, motoring, maritime and aviation, sections.

The only way to do this is to take every book off of the shelves check the date code to see how long it's been there are and look it up on the internet then to use the combined information to bring the price down low enough to get rid of it.

In the past we would have put these books on the internet but frankly we just haven't had time recently.

For those readers who also read books

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.