Saturday 5 November 2022

Old Pictures Ramsgate, Margate, Wetherspoons reopens in Ramsgate

 




With this batch of Margate pictures I don't know the date but obviously they are all the same date,








Wetherspoons in Ramsgate has reopened after a member of staff contracted norovirus and they had to have a deep clean. Good responsible action on the part Wetherspoons. We went there last night I had a curry which was excellent sketched the picture above and took the photo of the moon with my mobile phone from the sundeck.

Being in business in Ramsgate I think the opening of Wetherspoons is the only act of Ramsgate regeneration that had a noticeable positive impact on my business. We did and still do actually sell more books because Wetherspoons is open as makes it cheap and easy for people to come to Ramsgate for the day or part of the day.




I do this blog between customers here at Michael's Bookshop in Ramsgate, to be perfectly honest if the shop wasn't open I wouldn't have this sort of time to devote to finding the pictures and and writing the blog.

I'm reminding blog readers that's a lot of the pictures that I publish here are in fairly high-definition and will expand very well with a bit of clicking, one of the reasons I don't put them directly on the Facebook groups is that on Facebook the image size is too small to be of much use with local history photos where you want to look at small bits in the corners.

For blog readers who are also book readers here is the

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.