Friday 18 November 2022

Ramsgate and Margate Harbour photos from the early 1900s and Margate yesterday

 











We were book buying in Margate and Cliftonville yesterday that is Ghost Papa and the hospice Old Bank bookshop, we also revisited the exhibition at the Turner contemporary.

Of course Margate sunsets are amazing so the inevitable photographs.

On the tech front my phone updated to Android 13 which changes the way you get images from the image picker to add them to Facebook WhatsApp Instagram etc. This is now done much more using dropdowns, and I ended up having to reinstall WhatsApp which was nuisance. So a word of warning if you haven't had it be prepared for a bit of an awkward update. The improvement if that's what you want to call it it is essentially improving security of image sharing.

The new exhibition at Turner contemporary Cold Light wouldn't be out of place in Dreamland perhaps in the ghost Train. 

Did I enjoy? Yes. Is it art? well I'm not so sure. 

My own opinion is that every exhibition that the gallery holds should have one part of it that has for want of a better word some, conventional art, that everyone can understand and enjoy. I think this is particularly important as gallery is essentially publicly funded.

Back at work at Michael's Bookshop in Ramsgate today, the sun is shining and the shop fairly busy, I have just had lunch and a look at the national news which seems to be all doom and gloom.

For those of you who read physical books

Next the pictures I took in Margate yesterday

























No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.