Monday 12 April 2010

The walled garden at Quex Park and Deal Castle a few pictures and thoughts.

With the school holidays and plenty of relations about the weekend was logistically a bit strange, we went for a picnick lunch in the walled garden at Quex Park, my children and their cousins engaged in a bug hunt. They always seem to come up with something to entertain children at the Powell Cotton Museum.

Click on the links to the pictures.

http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/410/id12.htm

http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/410/id13.htm

Later in the afternoon we went to Deal Castle something that was a bit disappointing, some of the castle is very damp and smells like a badly maintained lavatory. I was surprised about this as it is run by English Heritage and as they run the superbly maintained Walmer Castle just down the road. It is obvious that Deal Castle has tremendous potential that just isn’t exploited.

I am sorry that I forgot to take a wide angle lens for my main camera, you have also to appreciate that some of the pictures were taken using a flash where it was very dark, so some of the pictures are of things that I couldn’t actually see when I took them.

I will endeavour to add the pictures from the other cameras later, click on the link for the pictures http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/410/id14.htm they are publishing to the internet as I write so you may have to wait for some of them to appear.

More as promised http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/410/id15.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.