Sunday 22 August 2010

Ramsgate Lifeboat Open Day 2010

Despite the peculiar Ramsgate climate, although there were times today when it was thunder and rain the sun is now shining, we did manage to get to the lifeboat open day.

I took the inevitable pictures and the children had a wonderful time playing with a real lifeboat.

The pictures are at http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/laptop810b/id14.htm they may take a while to appear as my antique laptop is struggling a bit.


Looking at the lifeboat station with my booksellers hat on I noticed one of the books on their bookshelves is “Storm Warriors or the Ramsgate lifeboat at Work on the Goodwin Sands” I publish a cheap reprint of this book and have published a fair chunk of it online, click on the link to read it http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/storm/index.htm


Oh and last years pictures http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/blogpicts4/id16.htm for anyone who wants more.

2 comments:

  1. Good someone publicises Ramsgate events, perhaps you could get a job with the tdc tourism and events department, but on second thoughts i guess sitting on your backside and doing nothing all day wouldn't suit you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw no advance publicity for this whatsoever which is a shame as I would have liked to have gone.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.