Sunday 5 March 2017

Mortality in Thanet history photos and Canterbury Cathedral paintings

I wonder how many people can identify these rather morbid local pictures























Anyway it’s the first Sunday in lent and I was off god bothering and then painting in Canterbury Cathedral


I did a bit more to my picture from under Ben Harry tower and seemed to have mastered painting fine lines on this paper as I managed to get some sense of leaded glass into it.


After this I played with another sketch in the chancel this time the 20p shows you I have only done a little bit on what is a fairly large bit of A2 paper.


After all of this I went off to Chocolate Café and started a sketch of the inside of that, painting some of the people in if I get a chance I will go back and finish it off.

If you can paint a recognisable likeness of a person this is a tricky business and you have to be careful not to make people look ugly, mind you I think Canterbury Cathedral is a bit vain too, it feels like it wants to be painted and I think if I don’t make it look ok there may be a thunderbolt.

All round a bit of a memento mori type of kidney today

Bookshop wise here are the books that went out yesterday http://michaelsbookshop.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/the-original-illustrated-sherlock.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.