Thursday 30 March 2017

Old pictures, Yarrow Broadstairs, Tram Accident Ramsgate, Building Arlington in Margate and a better view of our Cathedral, some sort of ramble.





So [Thanet College] East Kent College’s Yarrow Hotel when it was The Yarrow Hospital for Children.




The tram accident Bellevue Road Ramsgate




Building Arlington House Margate and Dreamland Cinema 


My bookshop was closed today as it’s Thursday and my book buying mission to Herne Bay and Canterbury was all done midday, as I am filling my sketchbook up with watercolours of the cathedral, I thought I ought to find a decent view of most of the outside of it.


Back in the 1960s when I was learning to be a mechanic, I used to go into Canterbury almost every time I downed my tool. If you sat outside McDonald’s – metaphorically as McDonalds hadn’t been invented here/then – you got this luverly/bootiful view of Canterbury Cathedral. Well back then it was called Durovernum Cantiacorum Cathedra.

Now of course I have passed thought the various middle ages and lots of mediaeval buildings have appeared in Cantwareburh sorry slip of the wosisname there, Canterbury. While I am sure that in principle it’s good idea, they don’t arf block out the view of the cathedral.


Then I thought of Canterbury’s famous Chris


Behold the view.  Oh and the view of our latest books too http://michaelsbookshop.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/those-dirty-miners-in-bookshop.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.