Sunday 17 May 2015

Painting of Margate Harbour Arm from Turner Contemporary Piazza

Here is the watercolour painting of Margate Harbour Arm, lighthouse and The Droit House from Turner Contemporary Piazza.


Due to the size of the piece of paper A4 and the time available, about an hour, I had to scrunch things up a bit, I think I have pretty much mastered the areas of little people but need to improve on the areas of little cars. However I sort of thought that if you are going to scrunch up a view then perhaps the view should look a bit scrunched up, so I have mixed feeling about whether the painting worked or not. Anyway next week TC is showing Provincial Punk the idea of which, the artist Grayson Perry, says is oxymoron, so perhaps it is time I had a change of style. Iam not really sure which bit of the area outside TC is the bit they call the pizza, sorry piazza, the painting was done outside the café so may actually be the mezzanine as it’s up some steps, should that be steppes, and the main gallery (closed) is up some more steps.


Here is the photo for the art critics out there.


I bought a few books in Margate including one on the famous lifeboatman Henry Blogg, which may give a moment of thought to bloggers everywhere.



Primark is looking rather sad, but my children managed to find what they were looking for in Peacocks, which is good all-round as watercolours of WC are less interesting for me to paint and presumably for people to look at. 

1 comment:

  1. More Books Michael? I am hoping it will warm up so I can get out in the wheelchair. Hope you enjoyed your trip Margate.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.