Friday 1 May 2015

A Sketch of Albion Street in Broadstairs and a ramble


First the drawing of Albion Street in Broadstairs, this is my second attempt at drawing from upstairs in the new Costa Coffee in Broadstairs, here is the first http://thanetonline.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/a-few-pen-and-ink-sketches-of.html a difficulty here is drawing from upstairs looking down a hill.


This is a photo of the view

All I can say is that I am starting to get some hillishness into the picture but still have some way to go.

The political battle, with less than a week to go, is moving into another dimension, potential Green Party ward councillor and un potential PPC Ian Driver has tweeted

If You Want to Stop Farage Vote Tory, Ashcroft poll finds gu.com/p/48xce/stw


I can only take him to be saying, "don't vote for me"


While TDC Green candidate Louise Oldfield has accused SMA of a smear campaign because they sent out a leaflet saying that she was against the reopening of Manston Airport. So perhaps we have a Green Party candidate who supports TDC going for a cpo to start an airfreight hub at Manston. 

Labour had had a bit of a bad day after Mike Harrison's letter in the Isle of Thanet Gazette and on his blog http://newingtonblogspot.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/my-take-on-labours-tdc-candidates-2015.html which seems to be saying "I am a life long Labour supporter, don't vote Labour.

When it comes to the TDC ballot paper, if you should vote for three candidates, you will be doing very well if you can find three candidates there that you have even heard of. 



If you, like me have got a Waitrose card, then you will probably be getting emails from the, which you either spam or delete without opening, I was just going to this to one when my wife noticed the magic word "chocolate" you may find this hard to believe, but printing this out and taking it into their shop in Ramsgate resulted in resulted in them giving me a small box of chocolates which I ate.        

Back in the local politics front, and I should say at this point that the council's pneumatic drill, all part of turning the shop opposite mine into social housing, has just started up again, something which hardly enamours me to TDC or the current ruling Labour lot.  

A couple of weeks ago I emailed all three of the parties, with a cat in hell's chance of forming a leadership at TDC, Labour, Conservative and UKIP, asking them if they had a TDC election manifesto, or at least some document outlining their intentions if they should wind up running the council. So far no manifesto from any of them, so perhaps they are all playing it by ear.  

I may ramble on here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.