Sunday 26 July 2015

Margate Blowout Closes Dreamland but fortunately not the roller rink, a quick sketch of the Flatiron from Bentley’s in Margate

Here is the watercolour and pen sketch of the flatiron in Margate from Bentley's
A photo for aspiring art critics

A picture of me painting it.
A very pleasant afternoon rollerskating at dreamland, with a break for a civilised tea in Bentley's, one solution for a wet sunday afternoon.

here are the books I bought for my bookshop in Margate today  

Dreamland suffered from bad wind last night and was closed today, as it was far too wet for funfairs this wasn't a major issue.

The art of filming with a mobile phone while rollerskating is something I am yet to perfect, but this may give you some idea of what it's like on the rink there.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.