Saturday 11 July 2015

Some progress with the painting of Ramsgate, the drawing of Margate and some thoughts on the Roller Skating Rink at Margate’s Dreamland.

Here is the painting of Ramsgate from The Oak Hotel, pretty much finished, my thanks to the staff there, who were so charming I will paint one from there towards the Clock House.

Here is the sketch from the Sands Hotel, I did smudge the Ferris Wheel a bit in my endeavours to produce an optical illusion with it, at least the optical illusion seems to have worked.


My thanks to the staff there who were utterly charming, the Sands Hotel in Margate is very civilised, I could almost have been at the club, apart from the view of course, much better than Ironmonger Row. 

I tried out the roller skating rink in Margate Dreamland today and found it very pleasant indeed, my thanks to the staff there who were utterly charming.


Excellent music, mostly 60s and 70s, nice smooth floor, good quality hire skates, really nothing more that one could ask for from a roller rink. Sorry the picture of me skating around the rink is a little blurry, this is because I am reluctant to put sharp pictures of me enjoying myself online.

As Weatherspoon’s are soon to open in Ramsgate we ate in the Mechanical Elephant and found it very pleasant indeed, my thanks to the staff there who were utterly charming.


Food and drink for five hungry skaters £25


Here are some pictures of Margate that I took today.






















1 comment:

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.