Thursday 16 July 2015

Painting of the harbour master's office in Broadstairs from Broadstairs Pavilion, Morrison’s in Ramsgate closes and I go to A&E at QEQM Hospital.

One of the issues that should be considered for the senior roller skater, is that on putting on reading glasses to operate a smart phone while skating, means the floor of the roller rink changes place and becomes all blurry. On previous skating occasions I had neither smart phone nor reading glasses, so this was a novel experience to me, which lead to me twisting my ankle.

By yesterday morning, my ankle looking something like a melon and certainly unsuitable for driving a car, I took the bus to QEQM casualty department to have it x-rayed, sketching Ramsgate Clock House while the bus stopped at the harbour.

The wait for triage was mercifully short, probably because of my arriving early in the day, so only a quick sketch of the casualty waiting area.  

The x-ray showed no major damage, this is a sketch of where I waited while it was processed, the patient in the chair on the right, not shown as after sketching the one on the left, I was asked not to sketch the patients – to protect patient confidentially, something I hadn't considered.

My thanks here to the staff at QEQM, for the excellent treatment I received. 

Sketching on moving busses is a bit of an acquired art, which I started to develop on the way back to Ramsgate.

Not being particularly ambulant today, I sat on the sundeck of Broadstairs Pavilion, where I began, this pen and watercolour sketch, looking towards the harbour master's office in Broadstairs.



some photos for aspiring art critics, which should expand if clicked on compulsively.

Morrison’s in Ramsgate have closed, something I guess I predicted when they opened in November 2013 http://thanetonline.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/morrisons-retail-in-ramsgate-and-at.html
     
Finally, I wrote this blog post in the garden and this is a picture of a cat who came to help me write the post, he did the thinking and I did the writing. He must have an owner (someone he owns), but I don't know who they are. He has been giving me singing lessons, very helpful as I have never been able to sing.
The cat has now written the words out, he is that sort of cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.