Wednesday 8 July 2015

Pleasurama update, TDC draft accounts and more progress with the painting of Ramsgate


First the pen and watercolour sketch of Ramsgate, which is coming along and is probably nearing completion.

The problem now is where next. I need to be able to sit on a comfortable chair with a coffee, from about 6am to about 9am, with a view in front of me, not too much likelihood of a van or lorry getting in the way, and the sun not in my eyes. This is actually much more difficult than you would imagine and I considering buying a clapped out campervan, so I can park make coffee and see over parked cars.

The Pleasurama development is mentioned in the newly published TDC draft accounts, (thanks Dave) here is the link to them http://thanet.gov.uk/media/2601234/Draft-Statement-of-Accounts-14-15-30-June-2015.pdf

This is what it says about the development:

"Royal Sands
The development agreement dated 2006 (and amended 2009) between the Council and developer SFP Ventures(UK) Ltd became the subject of legal dispute and as such the parties entered into a dispute resolution situation supported by independent legal advisors. This process led to the parties agreeing a new agreement for sale of the site, with the company SFP Ventures (UK) Ltd being bought out by Cardy Construction, but with the Council retaining performance monitoring and an Option agreement to purchase the site back should the owner trigger an event of default. The contracts for sale exchanged in March 2015, with completion to happen once the Council has undertaken some works which will commence in July 2015, completion is expected in early October 2015, after which the receipt achieved will be reported."  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.