Tuesday 22 February 2022

22.2.22 Old Thanet and today's Ramsgate Photos Click to expand

 

York Gate Broadstairs in the early 1900s
Margate Droit House a 1912 this is before it was destroyed in the second world war and subsequently rebuilt

Warwick Road in Cliftonville probably early 1960s or late 1950s
Butlin's swimming pool in Margate Cliftonville postmark says 1960

Ramsgate harbour sometime in the early 1900s I will guess from the dresses it's probably 1920s
Madeira Road waterfall in Ramsgate postmark 1906 as you see the bridge has rustic rails these were subsequently replaced with stone

Another Margate Butlins one


Putting things up in very high definition, the internet doesn't like this very much.










































This is today's watercolour sketch with a series of progress pictures.





Ranting about the internet I should say that I waste so much time now handling images that people have put up in a way that makes it very difficult to save them and expand them for painting from my mobile phone. 

Hopefully you should find all of the images I put up should expand to a decent size when you tap on them and if you save them they should save in the ordinary way so you can find them expand and play with them whatever you want to do.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.