Wednesday 16 February 2022

Do you know where in Thanet this was, click on the small picture for the big picture

The easy question is where in in Thanet?  

The hard question is do you know the name of the farm??
 
a couple of clicks will make the picture much bigger or a tap and then spreading you fingers on a phone

This postcard of Margate Winter Gardens and Cliftonville is postmarked 1913. As you can see if you read the back it's from Gladys.

This picture of the Royal Victoria Pavilion in Ramsgate must date from just after it opened in 1903 as none of the modifications to the outside of the building appear to have occurred
This one shows Cliftonville around 1900
This one of York Street in Broadstairs is postmarked 1907 

Cliftonville postmarked 1909 courtesy of Alf

My Ramsgate walk today had a prime directive was to buy Emery cloth an objective I achieved at Ye Olde Iron and Lock Shoppe 
Newly opened in the High Street The House of Dawg
I think the dog maybe camera shy

This presumably is the House of pigeon





































I looked in at York Street Gallery

Mike Samson very much in evidence
The exhibition ART<100 held jointly with Nice Things in Harbour Street runs for another week.









On the art front I managed to get a little bit more of my Salvador Dali based angel picture. Of course you have to remember that Satan was a fallen angel. But the ageless timeless look seems to be coming through a bit.


WHSmith in the high Street had 36 colouring pencils on special offer at £5 which I bought

With an A5 sketchpad all rolled up in a pencil roll it reminded me to go back to sketching with coloured pencils which I have started doing again




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.