Sunday 13 February 2022

Click on the picture, Old and New Local pictures and the inevitable ramble

Ramsgate pleasure pier with the sands in the background my guess would be around 1910 obviously before the fire at the San clue as it's all there.

Dreamland Hall one of the the library postcard reprints so very common

Queen Street Ramsgate flooded in 1923

Ramsgate sands before the station was built in 1860 what you can see is the mixture of maritime and seaside holiday with bathing machines amongst boatyards and the coast guard station I think it was this that made Ramsgate so popular

Harbour parade the ship is the bounty so this is probably going to be 1950s

Swift and Sure hovercraft

Madeira walk front and back of the postcard postmark 1911 so obviously the picture was taken before then. 


St mildred's bay front and back of the postcard which was posted in 1953 so the photo presumably was taken before then.

This is part of the new gas works development here in Ramsgate
A dozen red roses are £3.99 at Aldi as it's February the 13th a man has to do what a man has to do.
The old building seems to be decaying very rapidly
A happy lamppost 

On the painting front I'm still learning anatomy


We are still aiming to reopen the book shop around about Easter time.
 
Several people have asked me if there is anything they can do to help us get the book shop open again. I think the answer really has to be no at the moment.

As soon as it is open I think the new problem we face is getting the balance of people right in terms of numbers.

By this I mean not too quiet and not too busy and that is difficult one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.